How to list your products on Flipkart
As a fashion retailer, you need to be where your shoppers are. This makes it imperative to list your products on multiple marketplaces and online channels.
However, listing on marketplaces poses some challenges. Some of the common ones are:
- Multiple templates to download, fill and keep track of
- Different taxonomies to follow for different marketplaces
- Each marketplace has specific template guidelines that you need to follow
- Images need to be optimised as per each marketplace's guidelines
And the list goes on. Retailers struggle with cataloguing teams to ensure consistency of data and faster turnaround times.
In this series of posts, we will guide you through the steps of setting up your account as well as product listings. Although some products will be unique and may require additional fields, this step-by-step process will cover the basics.
HOW TO GET STARTED ON FLIPKART
Step #1: Create a Flipkart Seller account
If your company does not already have a Flipkart Seller account, the first step is to create one. Register here or sign in with your seller account.
While creating an account, you will be asked to enter your mobile phone details and verify it using an OTP. The next step is to enter your organization’s linked email ID with which the listings would be made. You will be asked to submit basic details about your business to successfully set up your Flipkart Seller account.
You are required to have the following documents:
- PAN Card (Personal PAN for the business type “Proprietorship” and Personal + Business PAN for the business type “Company”)
- GSTIN/TIN Number (not mandatory for a few categories)
- Bank account and supporting KYC documents (Address Proof, and Cancelled Cheque)
Once these details and documents are submitted and verified, your seller profile is complete. You can now start listing your products and selling them on Flipkart marketplace.
Step #2: Download the correct product listing template
The next step is to ensure that you download the right product listing templates for your product category. Flipkart has a common template across genders for various product categories. It is possible to fill out a single template with information about numerous products in various genders. These templates come in an excel format and include a list of mandatory attributes as well as optional attributes that need to be filled in for each product SKU. It is best to avoid the common mistake of choosing the wrong template, as this will ensure your feed’s rejection along with wasted time.
Step #3: Fill in the product listing template accurately
You are required to fill in specific details mandatorily for products such as product category, seller SKU, brand name and product ID among others. Other optional fields can be chosen to be filled or not depending on the seller.
Step #4: Listing the products
This step requires you to upload the product listing template onto the Flipkart Seller account platform. This is done either by selecting ‘Add a single listing’ (for a single product) or ‘Add listings in bulk’ (for multiple products). You are provided with a unique Request ID and tracking information regarding the success or failure of listing for each upload.
- In your Flipkart seller account, click on the ‘Listings’ drop-down and select “My Listings’ option under it.
- Choose the ‘Add new listings’ option on your listing management page.
- Choose to add a single product by clicking ‘Add a single listing’ or upload in bulk by clicking ‘Add listings in bulk’.
- For both single and bulk listing, select your desired product category, then select the brand and finally provide your product info.
- After the product is uploaded, you can check your inventory by clicking on the “Check Inventory Health” button.
Step #5: Errors/Failure in the product listing
This step is optional and is needed only if your product listing template has failed to list. A list of errors along with the products is presented on the platform. To complete a successful product listing, they must be corrected and submitted again.
Catalogix is an AI-powered cataloging and feed management solution that gets you from products to multiple marketplace and channel listings in a couple of hours. Once your seller account is created, complex excel sheets have to be filled and uploaded to list on marketplaces. Catalogix automatically fills all the mandatory attributes, including product titles and descriptions along with creating relevant image links/folders as per that marketplace's requirement. We even provide end-to-end support and handle upload and rejection management as well.
Talk to us to learn more!
Read Next : How to list your products on Ajio