How to build great Catalog content at scale using AI
In the world of eCommerce, a good catalog can make all the difference. A well-designed and well-organized catalog can be a powerful tool for attracting and retaining customers. But with the sheer volume of content that needs to be produced, it can be challenging for businesses to create high-quality content at scale. That's where AI comes in. In this blog post, we will explore how to use AI to build great content at scale for eCommerce.
Building a great catalog using AI involves several steps, and here are some guidelines to get you started:
- Collect and organize data: The first step is to gather all the necessary information about the products that you want to include in your catalog. This data will come from different sources and in different formats and will need to be normalised. Use a product information management (PIM) system that can ingest and normalise this discrete data in addition to storing and organizing this data.
- Use AI to enrich product data: Manually tagging relevant attributes is a tedious, time-consuming and error-prone process. Use machine learning algorithms to automatically add relevant attributes. Enriching the catalog beyond the mandatory attributes helps your customers find what they are looking for quickly.
- Use AI to enhance product images: Use AI-powered image processing tools to enhance the quality of product images. This will make them more appealing to customers and increase the chances of them making a purchase.
- Use AI to write product descriptions: Use natural language processing (NLP) algorithms to generate compelling product descriptions. Now with ChatGPT, there will be solutions built on it that will take this quality to a whole new level. This will save you time and ensure that each product has a unique and engaging description. Language translations for cross boarder sales will also get a whole lot easier.
- Use AI to translate data into other Taxonomies: Marketplaces, sales channels and even tools in your stack will need data to be given to them in specified formats. Use AI to automate data conversion of both images and text into all the different formats at the click of a button.
- Use AI to recommend products: Use recommendation engines to suggest related or complementary products to customers. These recommendations can even be personalised to increase sales and provide a better customer experience.
- Use AI to optimize pricing: Use machine learning algorithms to determine the optimal pricing for your products based on factors such as customer demand and competitor pricing.
- Use AI to analyze customer data: Use data analytics tools to analyze customer behavior and preferences. This will help you identify trends and make data-driven decisions about what products to include in your catalog and how to market them effectively.
- Use AI to create Digital catalogs instantly: Catalogs can be automatically exported in the formats that are required by sales channels and marketplaces.
- Have a cloud-based-system, so your entire team can access product data from any device in any country
Good AI powered cataloging solutions offer a lot of benefits:
- Improved data accuracy
- Faster time to market
- Create positive experiences
- Reduce sales friction
- Enables cross-selling and upselling
- Reduced returns
- Keep the data organised and available for all to tap into
By following these guidelines, you can build a great catalog using AI that is tailored to your customers' needs and preferences, and that drives sales and revenue for your business.